Sunday, March 7, 2010


Jurisdiction; venue.

KNOW YOUR CUSTODY,SUPPORT AND DIVORCE RIGHTS. Michigan Divorce Lawyer , Custody and support.

When you file for Divorce you or your spouse must have resided in Michigan for at least 180 days and in the county of filing for at least 10 days. Residence is more than a short stay , it means the place of a permanent home where the party intends to remain.

The 10-day county residency requirement need not be met if there is information that would allow the court to reasonably conclude that the parties’ minor children are at risk of being taken outside the U.S. and kept in a foreign country by a defendant who was born in a foreign country or who is not a U.S. citizen.

Attorney Terry R. Bankert based in Flint Michigan. State Wide Divorce practice in mediation. For information about State Wide Family Law issues in your area go to
At my web site there are many Family law Articles to help you.